- "Little" epistle? Don't we expect the reading from Revelation (7:9-17) for today--saints in glory? But we're not there yet. We're being persecuted and living in the world.
- The Thessalonians weren't cultured or wealthy, but they started the second church in that region. Pastors Paul, Silas, and Timothy (v. 1) preached the Word, not personal opinion.
- v. 2--not just "hello," but a prayer for blessing on them. Praised for their faithfulness in long and hard persecution. Assurance of God's protection from persecutors: vv. 5-10.
- Central in heaven--what we look forward to--is Jesus Christ enthroned; marvel at Him. Being with loved ones is secondary.
- According to God's grace, pray that Christ would be glorified above ALL in our midst. He has promised to be with us forever--Matt. 28:20.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Happy All Saints' Day! (celebrated)
We had another good sermon this morning, on 2 Thess. 1:1-12...