Monday, November 19, 2007

Dumb blondes...

In The Informed Reader (B6) was an interesting new take on the "dumb blonde" concept. As a strawberry blonde myself, I couldn't resist!
  • According to Britain's Sunday Times, "[m]en's mental performance drops in the presence of blonde women, apparently because of the perceived link of dumbness with blondness."
  • "The study adds to a body of research of how stereotypes affect peoples' behavior. Other similar research has shown people walk and talk more slowly in front of the elderly."
Ha! However, the fundamental question doesn't seem to have been answered: are blondes really dumb? There's plenty of empirical data saying they aren't.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

If it's true, I guess we'd better stop blogging and go shopping then, Hannah. ;)

Hannah said...

Gah! I hate shopping! The mere thought of it (as well as the actual experience) makes my eyes dry and my brain mush.

Keep on the straight and narrow, fellow blonde...