Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Organic chemistry proverbs

Based on Proverbs 6:6-11 and on today's study session with this book (of whose solutions manual I am desirous):
Go to the small ant, the aphid, the fly, and the small hopping spider, you academic sluggard!
Consider their ways and be wise,
Who, having no large brain, large eyes, or complex intellect,
Crawl over my book in summer,
And strive to gather knowledge thereby.
How long will you refuse to study, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your poor grades and lack of industriousness?
A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep--
So shall your failing come on you like a prowler,
And your expulsion like an armed man.
Why am I studying that horror of subjects, organic chemistry, now? Answer: I'd rather not be seeing that material for the first time come autumn.

1 comment:

WomanHonorThyself said...

good luck..all my friends failed it..lol