Chapter 5 is about finding sources based on the possible research questions you come up with. List:
- Reference librarians - their job is to be asked questions (but do have specific ones)!
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographical guides, card catalogs, and research guides.
- Experts - explain your project, then listen for source ideas.
- Interviews - these make good primary sources, but plan beforehand.
- Look for possible sources in a book's preface, bibliography and index. Write good-looking ones down.
- Next, sift out the most relevant literature, allowing for interesting/exotic sources too.