To be a Democrat.....
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat than nuclear weapons in the hands of Chinese and Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are more affected by people driving SUVs, than by documented cyclical changes in the earth's climate.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding. (Biology course, anyone? :D)
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach fourth graders how to read is qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been out of the city, do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make 'The Passion of the Christ' for financial gain.
12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, but the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that ATM fees are too high, but taxes are too low.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and A. G. Bell.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas are not.
16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is normal and a very nice person. (Now remember, I didn't write this list; no matter how much I may dislike H. C., I'm refraining from writing ad-hominems.)
17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it has ever been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
18. You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a Democratic Congressman caught with over $100,000 in bribe money chilling out in his freezer belongs in the Congress.
19. You have to believe that homosexual parades are constitutionally protected, but manger scenes at Christmas are illegal.
20. You have to believe that illegal funding of the Democratic Party by the Chinese Government is acceptable.
21. You have to believe that it's okay to give Federal workers Christmas Day off, but it's offensive to say 'Merry Christmas'.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I know this will raise some people's hackles, but I'm going to use my right to free speech and post this list I received from another blogging friend. If you take issue with these, feel free to add an opposing list in the comments. Laugh (or not). Update: Blogger's limit on labels (200 characters total) is frustrating. As a result, I can't file this post fully under all the categories it fits in. >:(