Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer preview

Some time ago, I said that there would soon be more emphasis on the "biologist" part of this blog. In addition to blogging the WSJ and/or academic papers this summer, I invite you to participate with me in my reading list:
  • From June 2 to about June 22, I will be reading and reacting to Unnatural Selection: The Promise and the Power of Human Gene Research by Lois Wingerson, (c) 1998. As the cover price is about $25, you might as well sit in the library to read it.
  • From June 30 to July 26, I switch gears somewhat to The Craft of Research by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams, (c) 1995 UC Press. It's very detailed and aimed at those especially fond of writing research (of which group I am one of the very few members) - this one is optional! :D
  • From July 28 to August 23 or so, we have yet another technical book, an apologetics classic: Evidence that Demands a Verdict: Historical Evidences for the Christian Faith by Josh McDowell, (c) 1979 CCC. If you've gone through all or part of this volume already, good for you! Offer salient comments and enrich the discussion.

No comments: