Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Strange creature links (ongoing)

I'll add to this post whenever I discover news of some extinct or otherwise weird animal of interest, so keep checking it!

First: an extinct "tank-like mammal" (Yahoo! News).

Second (12/13/07): a very large dinosaur (Eurekalert). A snarky quote from the person who sent this to me: "To Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days
the earth was divided, and his brother's name was Joktan. (Gen 10:25)
Ooooh, drastic climate change and the world survived..."

Third (12/17/07): the world's largest rat/smallest marsupial (thanks, MK!).

Fourth (1/31/08): another rat-like creature (Yahoo! News), the elephant-shrew. A quote I can't resist: "Ironically, recent molecular tests showed that they are more closely related to elephants than to shrews, being members of a mammal group called Afrotheria, which evolved in Africa more than 100 million years ago." Cough. As I have said before, common design does not necessarily imply common descent. At the risk of being labeled ID (versus creationist), I put forth the politically incorrect proposition that this phenomenon implies a common Designer.

No comments: