Actions speak loudly, are imitated, and flow from our heart, reflecting our true beliefs. In the text's background, the Thessalonians' faith shone in their persecution. People were watching. Following their example, let us act out the grace and love of Christ - His love leads to our service. Think about this: what would you wish to be known by/as? Are visitors welcomed in your home? Are personal idols destroyed? Do we plainly serve God?
Our salvation is secure! God has created in us a resemblance to Himself, and that resemblance is holiness. Here, then, our mission is to "live the new life in Christ." How?
- Growing strong in God's Word. Be not ignorant of it!
- Reaching out to all people. Live a life of service.
- Assembling together. We are, after all, the Body of Christ!
- Caring for others. As Christ loved us, so we love others selflessly.
- Extending the Kingdom. Invite all into the fold of the Good Shepherd.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
"Who, me? A model?"
The sermon text was 1 Thessalonians 1:6-7. Please see the label "Love" for related sermons.