Who did the work of our justification, sanctification, and resurrection? Jesus Christ! The starting point of looking at this is that we get the benefits of His labor. Continuing from this fact, we are to labor in love by obeying the Great Commission.
Is this assigned work of ours impossible? No - God commands and equips us by Word and Sacrament. Therefore we need not become weary in doing good. He equips His chosen, so don't worry about what others may think of your ability to be a disciple of God.
- Love-labors are unnatural. They are only through Christ, not our sinful nature. Do we forgive, obey, respect authority, be generous, focus on heaven, be humble, and love (the opposite of which is lust), or not? We can in Jesus Christ!
- Love-labors are hard! Love doesn't come automatically; it is worth working for.
- Love-labors are commanded in many places. The basis of each command is God in Christ.
- Love-labors may be unappreciated, so put on the armor of God and continue to love your neighbor as yourself.
- Love-labors are to be done with joy and selflessness.
Soli Deo gloria.