- Tomorrow is known in Orthodox churches as Clean Monday, a time to clean our hearts.
- Fasting is our privilege (since Christ says "when you fast"), between us and God.
- God measures what comes out - in particular, forgiveness - not what goes in.
- Today, especially, we forgive because God forgives us. Repentance leads to His joy.
- Together we are Christ's community. The LORD is in our midst when we gather in His name, to do His work.
- Thank God for the beginning of Lent [this begins tomorrow in the Orthodox calendar]! Let the next forty days be clean.
- Love and forgive your brethren in Christ.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Today we went to a Greek Orthodox church. Highlights from the children's and adults' sermons (besides the paedocommunion and apparent Baptismal processions - does anyone know the history behind the latter?):