Friday, October 3, 2008

A truly Renaissance moment

In biology today, the Science Journal describes (with the unfortunately obligatory nod to Darwin) the pros and cons of having Helicobacter pylori inhabit one's stomach. It has been linked to ulcers, but it also decreases occurrence of allergies.

In religion, a group of pastors is risking the tax-exempt status of churches in general in order to have more free speech.

In politics, an assessment of how Palin did last night. (I found the debate repetitious after the first 20 minutes or so, but those first 20 minutes made up for it more than completely.)

4 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

Great blog here! I will be back reading your archives!

No Compromise said...

I watched the debate too. My observation is that the debate was neutral. Although, Palin did a great job, we didn't learn anything new from either candidate that we didn't already know. I do think Biden was expecting an easy go of it with Palin, but she was able to hold her own with him. I was a bit taken aback with the whole Biden quivering chin and tears and think it was a ploy. If Palin had done that it would be all over the lamestream media what a wuss she really is. Also, thanks for the plug on my radio show. The link directly to my show is

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nocompromise

and people can download a variety of shows featuring great Americans doing great things.

Thanks!

Hannah J said...

Thank you, JM!

NC, thanks. I didn't have time as I was writing the post to find the link to the show I was thinking of. It was one of two titles; I forgot which one.

WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks for the roundup girly and yes Sarah is our only hope!:)