- hantavirus from mouse nests (wash your hands!);
- salmonella from tomatoes (a fairly odd source for the bacterium; avoid bruised fruits/vegetables);
- crypto (warning: also concerns HIV/AIDS and related behaviors) via leaky swimming diapers (don't swim in open water after a rain);
- West Nile and Lyme disease (wear long-sleeved clothing outside); and
- petting-zoo bugs (WASH YOUR HANDS!).
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Today's The Informed Patient, written by latent germophobe Laura Landro, suggests how to avoid nasty things like